GINGER anything is my fav, the perfect kick that gives you a nice boost of energy as you rush out to crush life and fitness goals. Easy to make, healthy ingredients, and tastes great.
- 1.5 cups oats
- ½ cup flour (almond, WW, or other!)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup apple sauce (can sub pumpkin or mashed banana)
- ¼ cup greek yogurt (or coconut oil for vegans)
- 2 large carrots finely grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger root finely grated (if you freeze it before you grate it is so much easier)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Add ins: 1 cup of any or a combo of the following, raisins, choc chips, walnuts, dried cranberries, pecans, coconut flakes.
COACHING: Heat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients. Mix. Stir in your desired Add-ins. Using a ¼ cup scoop, lightly pack to hold shape and then plop on a oiled baking sheet or a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake 15mins. Let cool before storing.